Friday, August 18, 2017

Feeling Good Friday-Time for Rain to End

I love rain. ( had to finid this meme after Aril's comment below) It washes away the dirty streets, makes air smell fresh, and greens up the slowly browning flora. Yet even I am tired of a whole week of rain. It's just gray out today-not quite raining, but the last three nights it has been torrential, and my commutes have been white knuckler's. I'm sort of off today-doing a few check-ins on e-mails, but easy enough to keep plugging away at basic household chores,a little R&R and keeping fires at work at bay. I didn't do a proper feeling good check in last week, my weight loss has had a bad reversal, but in efforts to keep positive thoughts going, here you go. 


  • I'm really enjoying my expanded job responsibilities. There is a little tension with one of my colleagues who now reports directly to me, but I feel like I am slowly winning her over with my approach to focus on the work and not the hierarchy. 
  • DH has taken the opportunity for a couple days to himself at the lake mid week. He has had a lot of stress, and needed to unwind. My mental health is linked to my loved ones health, and I could feel some of his stress. He arrived home early this morning, needing to head to work, looking refreshed and relaxed. He might make a Wednesday night to Friday morning at the lake a regular routine.
  • DD2 and I cooked our favorite veggie curry last night, loaded with zucchini. It was a deliciously spicy comfort food, and thoroughly enjoyed. Despite DD2 claiming the heat was making her eyes and nose water, she had seconds,
  • While I back slid on my weight loss, I'm recommitting this morning and can see my next  14 pound weight loss on the horizon. Better, to think like a Brit, next one stone loss is in sight. 
  • Last, despite the angst and hatred oozing all over the planet right now, I am encouraged by the daily acts of kindness and investment in loving acts of community building I have witnessed. I've chosen not to engage in social media,but rather let my actions speak for my point of view.
The weekend is predicted to be perfect August weather. It's my turn to head to the lake with DD2 and a friend, and DH will join us again Saturday night or Sunday morning. I think I will get my sunrise kayak ride in Sunday morning. What's helping you to feel good this Friday?

12 comments:

  1. Love your feel good Friday stuff! And, what a lovely gift for your husband to take time out & get a chance to clear his head. My main feel good Fridays are that:1) I found a new item that my super picky eater will eat! Panko breaded chicken breasts. 2) I get to work from home today, saving me an hour off of my total commute. It also means I can likely get a bunch of "thinking work" done, as there will be minimal distractions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I look forward to writing them. So much sadness in the world, and with people I care about. I need to find the happy things-the things to feel good about, because they are truly there. Your son's new meal is one of my favorites!

      Delete
  2. Having all that trip laundry done and not turning on any national news programs. 8-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Laundry-never ending. The bad thing about the rain is no line drying, and I would have liked to get my sheets outside and enjoy that simple pleasure tonight of sleeping in sun dried fresh sheets.

      Delete
  3. Things to feel good about this Friday - I've made a piece of art for the kitchen using leftover/ salvaged materials, I've cycled for 50 minutes despite really not wanting to, I've enjoyed a film, the sun came out this afternoon, and my husband's home from work now so our weekend has started.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please post! I keep getting ideas for things-like the painting behind glass on old windows as wall hangings. Again,nothing executed but marvelous in my head.

      Delete
  4. Mmmmmm....vegetable curry! That was our tea yesterday.
    I'm looking forward to spending the weekend at home as we're away for the next three weeks, a large glass of rum, some Scandi Noir on the TV and the company of cats. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. DD ate leftovers for breakfast, and will again tomorrow-she rations the leftovers because I do not make enough as it takes so long on the stove, but worth every bite. I think my night will also be a movie and a big glass of wine.

      Delete
  5. You must be a pluviophile...sorry it's my latest new word and you've given me the perfect excuse to use it! Love veggie curry, but our son is a still bit off the idea of anything Indian at the moment after his three months of dhal. I shall get him back to it very shortly though! I love your feel good Friday post! Arilx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it and had to edit the post when I found a meme of the word. I can see how he might want some good old UK cooking, cheese toasties, fish and chips and mushy peas, bangers and mash, and a full English breakfast (pretty impressive right-I'm also an Anglophile).

      Delete
  6. Totally with you on the rain, though I think we've had about a month's worth in the past couple of days, love that you are slowly gaining the confidence of your colleague. Looking forward to a semi relaxing weekend here, culminating in a send off for our local pub landlord and landlady to pastures new on Sunday. The thought of veggie curry has my tummy rumbling right now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Today is sunny and we are heading towards water again-but for swimming, canoeing, and kayaking. I am so happy I found a couple recipes for curry/tika masala that I have combined to make my own version. I'm sure there is nothing authentic about it and each time it tastes a tiny bit different, but all good stuff-loaded with veggies and yogurt and spice.

      Delete

Join the conversation. Your comments are welcome. Dissenting and different opinions are welcome as makes for good conversation. I moderate comments to be sure I read them all and stay ahead of the spam. Advertising products or services without permission will be deleted, as will anything that may be harmful to others-read promotion of debunked "experts" and conspiracies. If you're a blogger, feel free to include your blog URL.