Thursday, July 13, 2017

Capturing a Happy Mood

Time heals, or at least time mellows the pain. I've been thinking a lot about my friend M this week, now over two months since she passed away. Just yesterday something came up that made me want to give her a call. I wasn't so far as picking up the phone, but I did think of her right off. Someone I also like very much is being interviewed for M's position. The two of them would be terrific work mates, the sad irony not lost that the job is only vacant because of the loss of M. I am so hopeful this person is hired, as she would ensure a terrific legacy for the work M started. The person interviewing only went on the job hunt because her position is being eliminated in the fall. She was utterly gutted, but now sees that she needs to move on and the layoff is really a blessing, time enough to pursue many new job opportunities that would provide more satisfaction in the long run.

This has been a good week for me mentally. I've gotten some rest, spent some time focusing on my home and my immediate family, and have some news on the career front to share soon. My three kids all are happy and healthy right now, and DH has been in good spirits and health. I want to capture and hold this happy mood. This is the feeling and stuff of life I wish I could be able to have a good recharging natter with M. When we stopped working together, so many of our conversations were me supporting her as things took a sour spell in her job after I left. Once she made the decision to resign, we had conversations filled with promise for us both and for our families. She loved the new job she had, and was terrific at is, expanding and enhancing opportunities for young children in her community. 

Life has a funny rhythm to it. I hope I am honoring my friend by keeping the happy beat ever present, and not wallow when the blues hit.

6 comments:

  1. M sounds like a wonderful friend and I'm sorry for your loss; at the same time I really love how you are honouring her presence in your life. I felt a real longing for my parents this morning - there is an ebb and flow to all relationships - no meaningful relationship is ever truly over as far as I'm concerned.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a positive way to think about loss. I understand about your parents-I get the orphan feeling now and then.

      Delete
  2. Lovely uplifting post. Thanks Sam.
    Arilx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I appreciate all of you, reading your blogs, and you sharing your lives with me. I hope I am doing right by my life.

      Delete
  3. I'm so sorry for the loss of your friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Val. It is still surreal to a certain extent.

      Delete

Join the conversation. Your comments are welcome. Dissenting and different opinions are welcome as makes for good conversation. I moderate comments to be sure I read them all and stay ahead of the spam. Advertising products or services without permission will be deleted, as will anything that may be harmful to others-read promotion of debunked "experts" and conspiracies. If you're a blogger, feel free to include your blog URL.